There is something special about reading a message that someone has written just for you, a letter that can be re-read as often as one desires.
Taking a few minutes out of your day to write to your sponsored child, even with a few simple words of care, can make a world of difference to the child who receives it.
We recommend sending a note of introduction. Briefly share some of your own story and a photograph. Here are some ideas on what to write about:
- Do you have a family tradition you enjoy?
- What about your own country/culture is different and unique?
- What is a seasonal activity you are participating in?
- Encourage them as they pursue their education!
- Speak about your own job and what you enjoy about it.
- Do you have a skill or hobby?
- Affirm them that you pray for and value them!
- Tell them about your church.
- What do you currently appreciate about your life?
- Who are the people you depend on in your life?
- Share a meaningful Bible verse with them.
- If you have children, include their own questions and greetings.
Items that fit within a flat, 9x6 envelope can be sent.
Donations can also be made to practically benefit your sponsored child’s community here. On the page, there is a place to include your sponsored child’s ID and specify the intention of your donation.
We believe that local leaders know their communities best, but sometimes need resourcing to make their dreams a success. Our employees are working hard to provide kits that contain dried food (corn, grains beans, rice), disinfectants and health supplies to help these families in this time of need.
Send a Letter
Mail a Letter
Christian Horizons Global Attn: Child Sponsorship Program
26 Peppler Street
Waterloo, ON N2J 3C4
Please ensure your sponsored child’s ID is listed on your letter and that all items fit within a 9×6 envelope.